06 October 2010

Wedding invitations

Hi everyone, sorry for not posting earlier things have been very busy.

 

The wedding invitations as mentioned in my previous post, have been completing for a friend and posted.

 

These invitations are the second lot of wedding invitations I have completed this year and I am really enjoying creating invites.

 

The first invites I created were for a wedding in March this year and my little girl was a flower girl. She looked beautiful and I was very proud of her.

 

The bride had requested a theme of black, red and white and we finally found a design that she like and it was using one of my favourite stamp sets – Baroque Motifs. 

 

This was one of the first sets I brought and I have used this set so many times. 

 

If you are not sure of the set it appears on page 100 of the current catalogue and it is pictured below.

 

baroque motifs

 

I also used a number of the swirls from the Priceless set – this set is on page 90 of the current catalogue.

 

A picture of the front of the card is below and when you opened the wedding invitations, the main details of the card were in the centre of the layout and there was a pocket on the right hand side of the card were the Wishing Well and RSVP cards were kept.

 

The menu and table cards were also created in Black, Red and White and I stamped the swirl from the Priceless set on the these items.

 

The ribbon crossed over the front and the inside pocket of the card.

 

first invite

 

Supplies:
Stamp sets: Priceless & Baroque Motifs
Card: Real Red, Basic Black and Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black and Real Red
Accessories: Whisper White 3/8” Taffeta Ribbon,  SNAIL Adhesive

 

The second invitations were created using a set I liked from the moment I saw it - For the Bride. 

 

Unfortunately this set has retired but I have posted these invites as they may provide you with inspiration to create something similar.

 

The Bride on this occasion was not sure what she wanted in regards to a colour theme and in the end we settled on Black, White and Grey.

 

The front of the card was very simple with the bride stamp being the main image with a little paper piercing in the corner.

 

 bride invite

Supplies:
Stamp sets: For the Bride (retired)
Card: Basic Black, Whisper White and non-SU metallic grey cardstock
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories:  1-3/4” x 7/8” (4.4 x 2.2 cm) Oval Large Punch, 2” x 1-3/8” (5 x 3.5 cm)  Oval Large Punch,  SNAIL Adhesive, Dimensionals. Mat Pack, Paper-Piercing Tool, Bone Folder, Whisper White envelopes

 

The initials of the bride and groom were printed and punched out.  Two dimensionals were placed on one side of the punched ovals so that the card was held close by tucking the bride image under the initials.  This can be seen in the picture below.

 

bride invite open

 

The bride image was stamped on each RSVP and the envelope as per the images below.

 

 

bride rsvp   bride envelope

 

 

I am in the process of completing the table menus and place cards for this wedding.

 

The brides were happy with the invites and isn’t that the main aim! :)

 

I have found sometime over the past few days to create a few new cards from the new catalogue and I will post them over the next few days.

 

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Till next time - Meg

0 comments:

Post a Comment