17 April 2012

Happiness Always

Hi everyone,

 

Hope that you week has started off well.

 

I wanted to share a card with you that I created with the photo inspiration from Just Add Ink and the sketch layout from Come and Get It Challenges.

 

The colours I have used with the photo inspiration in mind are:

 

Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Crumb Cake and Whisper White

 

For the sketch, I created the circle area on the left hand side of the card with the smaller flowers from the Array of Sunshine stamp set and then layered the larger flower in the middle of the circle.

 

I stamped the larger flower in Pool Party for the first layer.  For the second layer of the flower, I inked the stamp with Pool Party and added a touch of Calypso Coral with markers before I stamped the image. The last layer is in Calypso Coral.

 

For the oval part of the sketch, I added a layered Calypso Coral butterfly with a smaller butterfly in Whisper White. Both butterflies were created using the Beautiful Wings Embosslit Die.

 

The smaller flowers in the right hand top corner were punched out in Pool Party card stock using the flower punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch.

 

The sentiment is from the Happy Greetings stamp set which is no longer available but I felt it the sentiment suited my card.  The only other addition of course is ‘bling’.

 

Here is my card:

 

P1000056_edited-1

 

Supplies:

Stamp set: Array of Sunshine (Hostess), Happy Greetings (Retired)

Card: Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Whisper White
Ink: Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake

Accessories:  Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive

 

 

The colours go so well together and I am have used this wonderful stamp set Array of Sunshine a few times recently and the song “A Little Ray of Sunshine” sung by Glenn Shorrock just keeps going around and around my head.  Hehe, just a random thought I had to share  :)

 

Anyway, I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

 

Just Add Ink – #113 Photo Inspiration

Come and Get It Challenges – Sketch

Do You Stack Up Challenge - #67 Glitter/Bling

 

Your visit to my little blog is appreciated, so please come back soon…… Meg

14 comments:

Julie Temple said...

LOVE IT! This is so pretty, and such a great take on my sketch! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Come and Get It. Talk to you soon~

Julie

Harriet H said...

Beautiful card.... love the colors and everything !!!!

Cindy van Oorschot said...

This is gorgeous Meighan, I love everything about it, the soft colors as well as the flowers, the bling and the butterfly. Thanks for playing with us again this week.
Cindy

Judy McKay said...

Meighan - your card is very beautiful. Lovely colours and design. Thanks for playing Come and Get it Challenges this week.

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is so pretty Meighan! I love the layout and your layered butterfly - thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

Anonymous said...

Very lovely card. What a lovely sentiment. Chantell JAI

Mae's Cachet said...

A beautiful card and I love how you have stamped the little flowers in a circle as your base. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week.

Mary Jo said...

Gorgeous! Beautiful design, colors and layering. Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

Jo said...

Meighan, this is a lovely card. I love the inspiration colours against the white background - really makes them pop. Thanks for joining in with us at JAI this week.

Christine Blain said...

This is really beautiful, Meighan!! I love the cluster of flowers on the card; you've got the balance of elements, and colour, just right. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week!

Tina said...

A very pretty card. Thanks for playing along at Just Add Ink.

* Shell B.* said...

Fabulous job.....love the color combination Meighan!

So glad that you joined us for Come and Get It Challenge this week!

Shell~Alaska♥

Pia S said...

I really love your style, you make such elegant cards. I hope you don't mind I nominated you for Liebster Award. You can read more here: http://piaspapirogperler.blogspot.com/2012/04/liebster-award-skye-at.html

Harriet H said...

Congratulations on making the DT at the Come and Get It Challenge Blog.... your creations are fabulous .....

Post a Comment