28 August 2012

Dasher

Hi everyone,

 

How is the week going?  Mine is going well but I am starting to wonder where the year is disappearing too.  In a few days it will be September and Christmas will be here before we know it.

 

How about starting your Christmas cards early ?  Yes well let me tell you what our new challenge is at Holly Jolly

 

The challenge this week is hosted by Judy and it is Santa’s Reindeers. 

 

I have used the retiring Dasher stamp which will no longer be available after 31 August this year.

 

To me Dasher’s antlers just scream ‘bling’, so of course I added ‘bling’.

 

The base card is Early Espresso and the paper is from the new Holiday Catalogue which starts on 1 September.  The paper is called Candlelight Christmas Speciality DSP.

 

My card layout is inspired by the current sketch at Merry Monday Challenges.  The sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Sentiments stamp set and layered on Lucky Limeade cardstock which is punched out using the Modern Label punch.

 

Here is my card…

 

P1000712_edited-1

 

Supplies:

Stamp set: Dasher, Teeny Tiny Sentiments

Card: Early Espresso, Natural Ivory, Luck Limeade
Ink: Real Red, Early Espresso

Accessories:  Modern Label Punch, Real Red Retired Ribbon, Word Window Punch, Candlelight Christmas Speciality DSP, Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive

 

 

Now don’t you love this paper?  I think it makes a great background.

 

I would like to submit this card to the following challenges:

 

Merry Monday Challenges - Sketch

Winter Wonderland Challenge – Red & Green

A Gem of A Challenge – Animal or Teddies

 

 

Enjoy the rest of the week and we hope to see you over at Holly Jolly…. Meg

12 comments:

Cindy van Oorschot said...

A great card using one of my favorite holiday stamps. Love the colors and layout.
Cindy

Flowergirl said...

Beautiful Xmas card, very elegant design.
Thanks for joining in with us at A Gem Of a Challenge,
Wendy x

downrightcrafty said...

Beautiful shades of red and green and a lovely creation, thank you so much for joining us this week at the Winter Wonderland
Hugs Kate xx

Linda said...

What a beautiful clean and simple card. Thank you for joining us this week at Winter Wonderland love Linda

Wendy said...

So pretty Meighan! Love the pretty paper and that adorable Dasher! I will never part with my Dasher!
Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

Beth Beard said...

I adore that paper! Lovely clean & simple card and the pearls add such a elegant touch.

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful card Meighan. I love your choice colors and pattern paper. Judy

Narelle Farrugia said...

I just love Dasher Meighan! You've created a gorgeous card and I just love that DSP! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

Notes by Nina said...

Very nice card Meighan, I am always a fan of Dasher. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

Donna Hanley said...

Great card for this challenge. Love the paper and that stamp is one of my favorites. Love the little pearl.

Bonnie said...

Dasher definitely looks even more dashing with bling! And such pretty paper and red ribbon.

Lesley said...

The paper IS gorgeous and so is your card! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

Post a Comment