07 March 2016

In the Spotlight

Hi, hope you are doing well this Sunday.

Just a quick post to share with you the details of our new challenge at Come and Get It.

Our theme: Favourite Technique

Our sponsors: Oddball Art

I have used our sponsor's image called Back 2 School Geek Girl and coloured part of the image in with Copic Markers.

I have many favourite techniques but one that I have not used for a while.  The technique is called Spotlight Technique.  There are so many tutorials or links on the web and I have linked the Splitcoaststamps on here.

So I have gone with a mainly black and white colour scheme and the pop of colour is from the spotlight on the image.

Here is my card: 



The embossing background has been created with the SU Happy Heart embossing folder.  The daisy flowers are a new purchase and the bling on the side is pearls and black rhinestones.

Here is a close up of the image: 



The sentiment is from the SU Grateful Bunch collection.

The Copic Markers used were: 

Eyes: B000, 1
Skin: E0000, 000, 00, 11, R21, 30, 00
Book: W1, 3, 00
Hair: E57, 55, 53, 51, 50
Top: R00, 2, 1, 5


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges: 

Just Us Girls Challenge - #333 Word "Flowers" 
Creative Fingers Challenge - #104 Anything Goes
Oddball Art Challenge - Add a Sentiment
Simply Paper Crafts Challenge - #24 Anything Goes
A Bit More Time to Craft Challenge - #15 Anything Goes + DT Call


Have a wonderful day!







5 comments:

Pia S said...

I've only tried this technique once. Don't see many of these around, when I see one I'm thinking it looks cool and I should remember to make one. Thanks for reminding me:) it's a sweet one.

Kajcyika said...

Really beautiful card Meighan! Love it :) xx Kaja

creationsnz said...

Super card, what a great technique and you've done it so nicely

Chris Dring said...

How cool is that spotlight technique on your card?!! Love this! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Jasmina said...

Great technique Meighan. Love the whole black and white with the pop of color. Great design.
Jasmina

Post a Comment